There are different types of stem cells that can be applied in these treatments. The Stem Cell Institute injects a combination of stem cells. Here is the initial email we received from the Stem Cell Institute.
Allogeneic Mesenchymal and/or CD34+ and Autologous Bone Marrow Stem Cell Procedures
- You will need to be in Panama for four weeks.
- You should arrive on a Saturday or Sunday for your first appointment on Monday. You need to fast on Monday morning before your appointment at the clinic; this is for the purpose of drawing blood for laboratory tests.
- Monday morning you will arrive at the clinic at appointed time for a physical examination and to draw blood for laboratory tests.
- The bone marrow extraction will be on Tuesday or Wednesday.
- Your schedule for the rest of the treatment will be given to you at the clinic.
- On Tuesday you will have your first physical therapy session, in which you will be evaluated by an experienced physical therapist. In this session a physical therapy plan will be made, tailored to your individual needs. The amount and length of the sessions will depend on the recommendations of the physical therapist.
- Your first stem cell treatment session will be on Wednesday and your second will be on Friday of week one. On the following week the stem cell treatment sessions will usually be scheduled every other day.
- Your length of stay in Panama is 4 weeks (treatments/physical therapy sessions performed on Monday – Friday each week).
- 7 intrathecal (lumbar puncture) injections of expanded donor mesenchymal (umbilical cord) and expanded CD 34+ stem cells
- 1 intrathecal injection of expanded donor mesenchymal, expanded CD 34+ and non-expanded CD 34+
- 2 intrathecal injections of Autologous bone marrow stem cells
- 2 intravenous injections of Autologous bone marrow stem cells
- 4 intravenous injections of expanded donor mesenchymal and expanded CD 34+
- 19 Physical therapy sessions
- Medical consultation for hormone evaluation
- StemKine supplement (2 bottles)
The cost for all medical, laboratory, and stem cell procedures - including intrathecal injections, physical therapy sessions, bone marrow extraction and processing, and ground transportation is $35,000. US dollars.