Hi. My name is Eric. This is my journey after being paralyzed in an off-road motorcycle accident on January 22, 2011. I suffered a fractured T12 resulting in a ASIA A Complete spinal cord injury. I have no sensation or motor function from my waist down and am in a wheelchair. My wife, two young daughters, family and friends have been supporting me in this journey.


Thursday, June 23, 2011

Bio-Fit and Dinner - June 23, 2011

 
Eric had a very full therapy session today.  The session started with standing exercises, which I think is good practice for Eric, especially since he does not have a standing frame here to use like at home.  Next he sat in his chair and performed exercises focusing on abs and balance.  He held a weight in his hands and moved it side to side and up and down.  He reached for an object (forward, sideways and up) and pulled himself back trying to use his abs, and finally he bounced a huge ball on each side, catching it then moving to the other side.


  


In the afternoon we had light snacks because we were going to an early dinner with Julie, Scott, Abul and Dhoha as tomorrow is their last day here.  We went to Bennihana, a restaurant I have not been to since I was a kid.  We had fun watching our cook and enjoyed the food and company together.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I remember Benihana's, in fact I think there is still one in the Pruneyard in Campbell. Looks like Eric is undergoing great workout sessions and hopefully some new exercises to bring back home with you guys. We are all rooting for you guys (did I spell that right??).

    ReplyDelete