Hi. My name is Eric. This is my journey after being paralyzed in an off-road motorcycle accident on January 22, 2011. I suffered a fractured T12 resulting in a ASIA A Complete spinal cord injury. I have no sensation or motor function from my waist down and am in a wheelchair. My wife, two young daughters, family and friends have been supporting me in this journey.


Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Bio-Fit Therapy - June 21, 2011

Today at Bio-Fit Eric went straight into an upper body workout.  At the end of the session Eric performed the standing exercise where he pulls himself up and the trainer locks out his knees.  It was nice to see him tall again.  It was a good workout and the hour went quickly.  Here is a picture of Eric and his trainer Alexis and Scott and his trainer Arnando.

All day Eric had a minor headache.  He has also been suffering some hip pain, a problem which he had before he came to Panama and the pain comes and goes.  We are also both a little discouraged that Eric has not seen any changes that would indicate the stem cell injections are working.  With all that, Eric did not want to do anything today so we spent the afternoon in the hotel room reading and watching TV except for a brief trip out for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment