Hi. My name is Eric. This is my journey after being paralyzed in an off-road motorcycle accident on January 22, 2011. I suffered a fractured T12 resulting in a ASIA A Complete spinal cord injury. I have no sensation or motor function from my waist down and am in a wheelchair. My wife, two young daughters, family and friends have been supporting me in this journey.


Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Time to Drive

After months of analysis, Eric finally bought a car and a few weeks later in early November took it to get hand controls installed.  He test drove it a few times, taking Hailey and Jessi to activities and driving once to SciFit for physical therapy.

Even more time has been spent practicing getting in and out of the car, taking apart the wheel chair and moving pieces to the passenger seat, then pulling it back out and putting it all back together again.

Eric's new car with hand controls so he can drive again.  Freedom!!!

Eric at the wheel!
 
Hand control for acceleration and breaking. 
Pull back to accelerate and push forward to break.
The control links to metal rods that push down on the pedals.


Cool, a new car!  Oh, and daddy is driving.
 
Tracy is excited to be a passenger again!


No comments:

Post a Comment